Welcome to the Virginia Association for Biological Farming (VABF)!
VABF’s mission is to support, advocate for, and educate about organic farming and gardening in Virginia.
We are the primary organization in the state engaged in this work. Care about local, organic food? Here’s what you can do:
- Purchase your vegetables, fruit, meat, dairy, and eggs from local, sustainable farms
- Visit area Farmers’ Markets (use this locator)
- Ask how, where, and by whom the food was grown
- Buy local, organic foods at area natural grocery stores
- Learn to eat and cook seasonal produce
- Attend Farm Tours to learn how the food is grown/raised
- Attend the annual Virginia Biological Farming Conference to learn about sustainable agriculture, gardening, cooking, and more
- Join VABF!
Donate to VABF so we can continue the important work of supporting, advocating for, and educating about organic and biological farming in Virginia. All donations are tax deductible. Read more about VABF.
- VSU’s 2013 Berry & Veggie Field Day is June 27th. Free and Open to the Public, registration details are found here.
- Find your local Farmers’ Market by using this locator.
- Europe Bans Pesticides Thought Harmful to Bees – NY Times Article
- View Presentation slides and handouts from the 2013 VABF Conference