VABF is a multi-faceted organization that includes farmers, gardeners and researchers of all sorts. We encourage you to spread the word about sustainable, biologically-friendly agriculture.
Need some brochures to take to your farmer’s market stand? Have a great idea and some time to set up a table or booth at your community festival? Want to help us with the annual conference?
Here’s what else you can do:
- Purchase your vegetables, fruit, meat, dairy, and eggs from local, sustainable farms
- Visit area Farmers’ Markets (use this locator)
- Ask how, where, and by whom the food was grown
- Buy local, organic foods at area natural grocery stores
- Learn to eat and cook seasonal produce
- Attend Farm Tours to learn how the food is grown/raised
- Attend the annual Virginia Biological Farming Conference to learn about sustainable agriculture, gardening, cooking, and more
- Join VABF! (did we already mention that one???)