The Virginia Association for Biological Farming (VABF) is the primary organization in the state of Virginia concerned with organic and biological farming and gardening. Our membership includes:
- Certified Organic farmers and market gardeners
- Certified Naturally Grown farmers and market gardeners
- Practitioners of organic farming / gardening who have chosen not to be certified
- Sustainable, ecological and low-input producers of vegetables, grains, pastured beef, poultry, eggs, dairy cows or goats, etc.
- Biodynamic gardeners, farmers, and beekeepers
- Home gardeners and homesteaders
- Researchers and other agricultural professionals interested in organic or sustainable agriculture
- People who want to support ecological agriculture or sustainable food systems
- People who want safe, nutritious, fresh, locally-grown food
- People who love to eat!
- The Virginia Biological Farmer, our quarterly newsletter, containing news and events related to sustainable agriculture in Virginia
- Our annual directory of members (a great resource for networking with like-minded growers and advocates of sustainable farming practices)
- Notification of field days, (optional) legislative updates, and complete information about our annual conference.
- Member discount and Early Registration to the annual conference
Most importantly, members are supporting this tax-exempt organization whose mission is to educate and encourage ecologically sound methods of farming and agriculture.
Membership categories include the following, although we accept donations of any amount.
- If paying with a credit card or PayPal account, select a membership type from the drop down menu below.
- Click [Buy Now]. A new window will open. NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED to pay with a credit card.
- After online payment is made, complete our online Membership Form.
- If paying by check, download our Membership Form here and mail completed form with payment to VABF Administrator 815 Little Retreat Road, Red Oak, VA 23964
Expiration date of current members are listed on the address label of all our bulk mailings.