The Virginia Association for Biological Farming (VABF) is the primary organization in the state of Virginia concerned with organic and biological farming and gardening. Our membership includes:
- Certified Organic farmers and market gardeners
- Certified Naturally Grown farmers and market gardeners
- Practitioners of organic farming / gardening who have chosen not to be certified
- Sustainable, ecological and low-input producers of vegetables, grains, pastured beef, poultry, eggs, dairy cows or goats, etc.
- Biodynamic gardeners, farmers, and beekeepers
- Home gardeners and homesteaders
- Researchers and other agricultural professionals interested in organic or sustainable agriculture
- Students who are pursuing an agriculture-related education (e.g., animal science, sustainable agriculture, etc.)
- People who want to support ecological agriculture or sustainable food systems
- People who want safe, nutritious, fresh, locally-grown food
- People who love to eat!
- Member discount and Early Registration to the annual conference
- Our annual directory of members (a great electronic resource for networking with like-minded growers and advocates of sustainable farming practices)
- Notification of field days, (optional) legislative updates, and complete information about our annual conference.
Most importantly, members are supporting this tax-exempt organization whose mission is to educate and encourage ecologically sound methods of farming and agriculture.
Membership categories include the following, although we accept donations of any amount.
|Farm or Household (up to 5)||$50|
|Farm Intern (at member Farm)||$20|
|Student (at accredited school)||$20|
- If paying with a credit card or PayPal account, select a membership type from the drop down menu below.
- Click [Buy Now]. A new window will open. NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED to pay with a credit card.
- After online payment is made, complete our online Membership Form.