Changing Lands, Changing Hands – A National Conference on Farm and Ranch Access, Tenure and Transfer
June 13-15, 2017 · Denver, Colorado
Who? This conference will bring together service providers, policymakers and advocates working on land access, farm succession, conservation, beginning farmers, tenure arrangements, and farm landowners.
What? This national conference will explore the issues surrounding land access, tenure and transfer. Topics include tenure innovations, farmers without successors, affordability, special populations, public policy, equity challenges, and more.
This event is hosted by Land For Good, in cooperation with the US Department of Agriculture.
Early Bird Rate ends April 30th
Sharing Knowledge & Building Community: An educational series for beginning farmers and ranchers
VA Beginning Farmer & Rancher Series at the Catawba Sustainability Center
The Catawba Sustainability Center
• May 4th: Intro, Assess the need/desire of the audience, Intro to Whole Farm Planning, Tour of CSC
• June 1st: Follow-up on Intro to Whole Farm Planning. Share other resources. Demonstration of production
• July 15th: (Saturday – ALL DAY Farm Tour in the Roanoke Area)
• Aug 3rd: Business Planning, Marketing
• Sept 7th: Follow-up with Series, Ask What’s Next… How to foster the network?
Agroforestry for a Vibrant Future
June 27-29, 2017
Come join for the 2017 North American Agroforestry Conference in Blacksburg, VA June 27-29, 2017. Learn about the latest advances in agroforestry research, practice, outreach, and policy; see innovative on-the-ground systems with agroforestry farmers; share your agroforestry experience, skills, and knowledge; and participate in pre-conference training and tours. Early registration ends May 16th. Find out more information and register at this link.