Job Title: VABF Program Director
We’re looking for someone with administrative experience and a relative knowledge of biological farming and gardening who can work 10-15 hours per week handling the administrative tasks for the organization. Most importantly, this position will also coordinate our Virginia Biological Farming Conference held every January and work closely with Directors, partners and sponsors to build upon the past 19 years and make our conference the preeminent gathering for organic and biological farmers and gardeners in the mid-Atlantic!
- Perform general administrative support.
- Serve as first point of contact for the organization.
- Manage membership database and communications, including website, social media and newsletter for overall appearance and consistent updates of content.
- Collect, edit and manage content for e-news and website.
- Maintain current and archival organizational files and documents.
- Create and distribute annual membership directory.
- Assist with donor communications, conference sponsorships and exhibitors in a positive, effective manner.
- Take on additional tasks as directed by the Board.
- Work to increase revenue through grant writing, sponsorships and donations.
- Work closely with the Board and key coordinators to create the 2019 Winter Conference.
- Manage operations and staff of VABF annual winter conference for maximum attendance and highest participant satisfaction for overall conference success and efficiency.
- Responsible for venue selection, relationship management and conference profitability.
- Provide status and expense reports as specified by the Board.
- On-site conference management for the following:
– Sponsor and exhibitor management, communication, and set up.
– Coordinate speakers, volunteers, and food vendors.
– Coordinate site layout and equipment.
– Coordinate conference evaluation and submit report to the Board.
- Meet or exceed key performance objectives as identified by the Board.
- Virginia resident.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively individually and on a team.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Familiarity with and passion for organic and sustainable food and farming.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, event organizing, and customer service.
- Experience with records and database management, research, and office support.
- Technically proficient with MS Office and Google Docs.
- Previous farm management and/or conference coordinating a plus.
- Attend regular bi-monthly Board meetings as well as necessary phone meetings.
$1150 – $1500 per month commensurate with experience. Additional financial compensation if key performance objectives are exceeded.
Hours and location:
10-15 hours per week, with additional hours required for conference coordination (Dec. and Jan.) and up to 60 hours during the conference week. Work from your home office (provide your own computer and telephone).