AgrAbility Virginia is hiring a Community Outreach Specialist
The AgrAbility Virginia Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for coordinating AgrAbility Virginia networking and marketing objectives by providing administrative support and assisting in the development and implementation of a marketing strategy to include print media, social media and community engagement. This position is responsible for working closely with AgrAbility Virginia project investigators and service coordinators to develop marketing strategies to enhance AgrAbility messaging and promotional materials, as well as tracking same to determine effectiveness. This part-time position is located with Easterseals UCP in Salem, Virginia.
To apply or learn more, please visit: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2840743&B_ID=83&fid=1&Adid=0&ssbgcolor=17143A&SearchScreenID=6690&CountryID=3&LanguageID=2
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree required from an USDOE/CHEA accredited institution in Communications, Marketing or Health-related field and/or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with agriculture and small family business preferred;
- Proven abilities in effective written and verbal communication skills which are needed for speaking to groups, facilitating media events, conducting business over the phone, facilitating group and individuals in meeting the project’s objectives;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Skills and experience with technology including computer and office equipment, audio-visual and photography/video equipment;
- Strong computer knowledge, database management experience, strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Experience working with marketing platforms and social media;
- Must possess current, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and current personal vehicle insurance;
- Abilities to provide or acquire self-transportation, including overnight travel if necessary for conducting the program’s objectives in different geographical regions of the state.
AgrAbility Virginia is a partnership program of Virginia Tech, Virginia State University, and Easterseals UCP that assists individuals and their families who farm, and have illnesses, injuries or disabilities that impact their ability to work safely, effectively, and productively. Funding is sponsored by the USDA AgrAbility Program.