Thank you for your interest in helping to advance organic farming in Virginia!
If you have the skills and desire necessary for any openings we list, please contact us.
NOW TAKING NOMINATIONS for the VABF Board
VABF is at a point in its evolution where we must rely on a volunteer Board for fundamental responsibilities. Board members must commit to 5 – 10 hours per month promoting the organization, building membership, funding, as well as oversight and overall priority setting. Committee work will be additional to these key tasks. Expect to be asked to be on a committee or serve in some additional capacity.
VABF Board Requirements 2017
- Age 18 or older.
- VABF member during 2016. Familiarity with VABF.
- Able to make a commitment of 5-10 hours per month.
- Expected to attend 2018 conference and annual meeting-election on Wednesday January 11.
- All Board members, including newly elected members, MUST participate in one hour Board logistics/orientation following VABF conference close Wednesday January 11.
- Understanding of Board member expectations- (see above).
VABF Board Nomination Process 2017
- Individual’s interested in nominating someone to the VABF Board (or self-nominees) should review Board nominations process and requirements.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest.
- Submit a one page email “application” to email@example.com. This letter of application should include:
- Your name, phone and address, including county.
- Your experience and familiarity with Biological/Organic Agriculture and the mission of VABF. Outline your farm /food related experience.
- Experience/familiarity with VABF. Contact with and support from current Board members or others should be mentioned here as well as your membership status.
- Any particular skills or perspective you would bring to our working Board.
- Your ability to commit up to 10 hours per month during your two year term.
- Information will be a reviewed by our committee. You may be contacted for a conversation.
- All qualified nominees will be listed on a slate of Board candidates. This slate will be distributed to VABF’s membership via email and the website.
- Nominees should attend the conference and be present to introduce themselves at the VABF annual meeting on January 11.
- Balloting takes place at VABF’s annual meeting Wednesday January 11.
- All Board members, including newly elected members, will meet Saturday afternoon January 11 following conference close. This first meeting will end no later than 6 p.m.