We are committed to maintaining a culture that embraces and values the views and opinions of “all” people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, and gender. Our commitment to achieving this goal will help to bring our mission and values to life.
This position is responsible for assisting with all areas of production at The Farm at Willow Run from seed to delivery. Responsibilities include: seeding, transplanting, weeding, mulching, trellising, pest and disease management as well as harvesting, washing, post-harvest management, and packing and delivery of produce. Assists with the maintenance of farm fields, the grounds around farm buildings, market garden recordkeeping, and provides direction and guidance to volunteers/interns.
Based upon previous experiences and qualifications, the starting base rate of pay is $12.65 – $15.50 per hour.
- Seasonal position from April 1 – September 30, 2022
- 7:00am – 3:00pm, Monday-Friday (hours may vary based upon weather and position’s responsibilities)
- 75-80 hours per pay period (every 2 weeks)
- Eligible for benefits on date of hire
As a condition for employment, VMRC requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. New employees are required to received the vaccination, provide proof of prior vaccination, or provide approved documentation of exemption (medical or religious) at the time of hire.
- High school diploma or equivalent specialty coursework, with 1-2 years of farming experience preferred.
- Must possess a current Virginia driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to drive manual transmission vehicles/equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, perform strenuous physical tasks, and work in all types of weather.
- Experience with farm equipment and tractor implements (experience with building/construction trades is a plus).
- Experience with and passion for small-scale, low-input, sustainable vegetable production preferred.
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- Fast learner with the ability to work quickly and carefully in a safe manner, and motivate others to do the same.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the ability to anticipate operation needs and take initiative.