The AgrAbility Virginia Community Outreach Specialist position is housed by AgrAbility Virginia Program partner, Easterseals UCP. The AgrAbility Virginia Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for coordinating AgrAbility Virginia networking and marketing objectives by providing administrative support and assisting in the development and implementation of a marketing strategy to include print media, social media and community engagement. This position is responsible for working closely with AgrAbility Virginia project investigators and service coordinators to develop marketing strategies to enhance AgrAbility messaging and promotional materials, as well as tracking same to determine effectiveness.
This position is based at the Easterseals UCP office in Roanoke, with the option of remote work from within Virginia.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING INCLUDES:
- Compile AgrAbility Virginia success stories for publication on social media and in print;
- Develop and distribute bi-annual AgrAbility Virginia newsletter;
- Maintain AgrAbility Virginia website;
- Maintain AgrAbility Virginia client and stakeholder databases;
- Provide information and referral to potential consumers;
- Educate groups of stakeholders about AgrAbility Virginia during events and other community engagement initiatives;
- Think strategically and develop ideas to enhance AgrAbility Virginia community engagement approach;
- Develop and distribute printed outreach materials;
- Expand AgrAbility Virginia’s connections with agriculturally oriented organizations;
- Promote the programs and services for AgrAbility Virginia through speakers bureau, collaboration with others and public education;
- Manage logistical planning and execution of community engagement efforts;
- Promote AgrAbility Virginia at agricultural related community events, responsible for pre-event preparation, event logistics, promotional materials, attending and sharing information with event attendees;
- Efficiently track all communications, actions, events, and engagement outreach efforts;
- Evaluate results and impact of communication and outreach activities;
YOU ARE A GREAT MATCH IF YOU:
- Enjoy graphic design and creating promotional materials.
- Have experience with social media content management.
- Have strong organization and time management skills.
- Value being part of a collaborative team.
- Believe with the right support, people with disabilities can live, work, and contribute to their communities.
- Have a deep commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- The support of a team willing to share and collaborate on outreach ideas.
- Ability to set your own schedule with the week.
- Access to ongoing Professional Development trainings.
- Company provided phone and laptop with IT Technical Support.
- The reward of being part of team making positive differences in the lives of farmers, farm families and farm workers with disabilities.
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required from an USDOE/CHEA accredited institution in Communications, Marketing or Health-related field and/or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with agriculture and small family business preferred;
- Proven abilities in effective written and verbal communication skills which are needed for speaking to groups, facilitating media events, conducting business over the phone, facilitating group and individual meetings.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Skills and experience with technology including computer and office equipment, audio-visual and photography/video equipment;
- Strong computer knowledge, database management experience, strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Experience working with marketing platforms and social media;
- Must possess current, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and current personal vehicle insurance.
ABOUT EASTERSEALS UCP:
- Easterseals UCP of North Carolina & Virginia exists to provide meaningful and exceptional services so that children, adults, and families living with disabilities and/or mental health challenges can live, learn, work, and play in their community. We leverage our extensive clinical expertise across the organization to provide integrated and comprehensive support to the 22,000 clients and families we serve each year.
- AgrAbility Virginia assists farmers, farmworkers and their families who identify with illness, injury or disability to work safely and productively with dignity through education, rehabilitative services and assistive technology. Easterseals UCP partners with Virginia Tech, Virginia State University and Virginia Cooperative Extension to deliver this program throughout the state. We play a vital role in increasing the awareness of the program’s services and providing disability expertise to AgrAbility Virginia’s clients and their families.
- Our AgrAbility Program has an exciting opportunity for a creative, social media savvy individual experienced with program outreach and marketing. If you’re looking for a rewarding position with a sustainable organization, we’d love to explore this opportunity with you.