• 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 bunch of kale
• 1 large apple
• 1 large beet
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a jar and shake to combine.
2. Remove stems from kale and tear kale into bite-size pieces, or julienne into thin ribbons.
3. Place kale into large bowl and add enough dressing to coat the kale. Using your hands, massage the dressing into the kale for about 3 minutes. This will take the toughness out of the raw kale.
4. Slice or grate the apples, grate the beet, and stir to combine.
5. Chill the slaw for at least 15 minutes before serving.
**Jazz up this slaw by substituting or adding ingredients such as: shaved almonds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, or crumbled chevre or blue cheese!