By Heather Painchaud
* 1 lb kohlrabi, peeled and sliced
* 1 yellow onion, sliced
* 1/2 lb cooked ham, cubed or sliced
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup flour
* 3/4 cup heavy cream
* 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
* salt and pepper to taste
* Boil the kohlrabi in a large pot on the stove until tender
* In a frying pan, saute onion and ham until the onion is translucent.
* In a medium pot melt butter, add flour and whisk continuously until
* Slowly add cream to the pot and stir until the mixture begins to
thicken. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
* In a 9×12 casserole dish add onion mixture, and kohlrabi.
* Pour cream sauce over the filling. Top with shredded cheese.
* Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.